loader
Style Options
Header Options
Light Dark

Close X
by TDM. All Smiles Dental
Posted in Dental Health

“Boy doc mi teet dem deh one ,one all over di place and me need fi fix dem fi me daughter wedding next month”. This is a request I have heard so many times throughout my career as a dentist.

Unfortunately, many persons have experienced tooth loss due to either severe gum disease or tooth decay . Most times patients opt for extraction because they are not aware of options to save them or when made aware of options , there are financial constraints.

When a tooth is removed , what normally happens is that the remaining teeth are “thrown of balance” and hence the space that is left causes the remaining teeth to move and drift towards the space which may lead to problems such as spacing, or wide gaps where food tends to pack . Also you find when several teeth are removed, this affects our eating, speech, facial muscles , smile and over all confidence.

We at All Smiles Dental Care encourage our patients to save their teeth, however in the event that we are left with no choice but to extract it , we recommend replacing these missing teeth as soon as possible.

There are 3 main options for replacing missing teeth:

Dentures - A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth . Two types of dentures are available -- complete and partial dentures

Removable Partial Dentures usually consist of replacement teeth attached to pink or gum-colored plastic bases, which are connected by metal framework. Removable partial dentures attach to your natural teeth with metal clasps.

Complete Dentures /Full Dentures are for patients with no natural teeth and in this case the gum, the bony ridge and soft tissues provide support for the denture.

Bridges A bridge is a fixed / non removable dental restoration that fills the space where one or more teeth are missing. It is made up of two or more crowns/ caps ( tooth- like forms) depending on how many teeth are missing. Implants.-

Dental Implants are a good option for replacing missing teeth. They can be used to replace teeth individually or as anchors for implant retained bridges. The implants are tiny titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone where teeth are missing. Crowns are then placed on these posts to create a natural looking appearance.

Taking care of your smile is very important to your overall health and self-confidence and hence replacing missing teeth is strongly encouraged by Dr. Francis and the team at All Smiles Dental Care as we aim to Create Healthy Smiles that Last a Lifetime.

Share: